Searching for light in the little things. After all, there's always something to smile about.

3.30.2006

Sunny days are the best

Just when you think you've got it all figured out God goes ahead and reminds you to wake up and...fart?

The best day of my life was about a week ago and this word magnet was the first thing I saw as I headed my sleepy little behind to the computer lab to work on stats (BOOO). I laughed out loud, loud enough so people stared at me wondering what the hell I had smoked that early in the morning. I almost let it stay there but was compelled to pick it up. It was the mantra of my day...in fact maybe my life now! Anyway, it was sunny that day also.

Today it is cloudless. Everyone smiles and men run in the trails with their shirts off and say "Hey!" in their tired voice, which is oh so very close to their sexy voice. Out on my run, yes, I did encounter one of those trail running men, but not before I wandered my way up to a stranger at the soccer fields to kick come balls around. His name was Juan, an early 30's chiropractor who was his own boss and was taking the afternoon off to enjoy the weather. He said, "You have to take advantage of days like these!" I agreed as he walked away and ran around the field. I don't believe he was socialized right. So after finding out a little bit about Juan I went back to the hilliest bunch of trails ever. Cue trail man...and my drooling. Then I headed home sweaty, smelling, and smiling. It was glorious.

Spring weather and spring fever has come early. Thank you global warming! Togo is crazy in love with anything and everything he puts his paws on and I find myself thinking racey thoughts that last just long enough to make me squirm in my seat hoping someone didn't overhear. We've all been there and we are here now. Girls in tanks (hot) guys in t's and shorts (hot) and runners abound (hot). This college campus is about to get crazy with love and sunshine! If people were this happy everyday I think the world would be a better place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home